The Carrie Diaries: NYC Guide
Here's our intern Carrie's ultimate NYC guide complete with shopping, food, and activity recommendations for the next time you're in the big apple!
Jun 19, 2019
By Carrie Haynes, Tufts University Class of 2021
Here's my ultimate NYC guide complete with shopping, food, and activity recommendations for the next time you're in the big apple!
- *Warm* (down the street from our KC office!)
- Canon NYC
- Lingua Franca x Tiny Pricks
- Favorite clothing store chains with NYC locations: *Reformation,* *& Other Stories,* *Aritzia,* *Uniqlo*
- *Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream* (vegan)
- Hudson River Park
- Washington Square Park
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The High Line
- Whitney Museum of American Art
* These places are all under a 10 minute walk from our office, which is located on 177 Mott Street in Nolita! We really lucked out with the location of our new office. Didn't we? :) *
Living in the West Village, I love running or walking along the Hudson River. Washington Square Park has, of course, become my favorite after-work spot. For the more adventurous visitor, I recommend renting a Citi Bike through Central Park (though biking across Park Avenue, Madison, and 5th is not for the faint of heart or ill-equipped). Most people forget that the park is huge, so it’s an easy way to see the park and engage people watching.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is another iconic New York destination. While many visit solely for the Blair and Serena Instagram photo-op, the MET houses some of the best art in the world. My ideal afternoon? Biking through the Central Park, stopping by the Blue Stone Lane on 5th for avocado toast inside an old church, then heading down to the MET. Not to be missed at the museum: the current MET Gala CAMP exhibit and the sculpture exhibit on the rooftop.
I’ve yet to find my favorite book store or slice of pizza. However, I’m hopeful that my future visits to Books Are Magic in Brooklyn & the Strand, and Joe’s Pizza & Roberta’s will allow me to fulfill my quest for the best in NYC. I’d love to hear any of your NYC favorites in the comments! And, stay tuned for updates about my time in the city as I intern for Kyle Cavan for the rest of the summer!